If you do not have a strong password, your online account will be a prime and vulnerable target for hackers, and there is a really good chance that they will hack it easily.
A good strong password is something that is unique, uncommon and difficult to guess. Here are a few things you should know about making a strong password.
- A long one. It is obvious that the longer the password, the more characters it has, thus the more difficult it is to get hacked. Also, very few people use long passwords, so using a long one means having an uncommon password.
- No familiar words or names like princess, monkey, seinfeld,
jordan23, or your own name; qwerty, the first five letters of the keyboard is also one most commonly used passwords online. They should not be used.
- It uses both capital letters and numerals. This means that the password contains all possible characters available, and it will result in a unique and unfamiliar password which hackers will find difficult to guess.
- The password is different from the other passwords you use in different websites. This is a way to safeguard your other online accounts in case one of them gets hacked.
- It is also advisable that the password is changed every few months.