The key is to establish credibility and then work your niche. Cast your net far and wide to get an active set of followers then market to them. It’s not something that you can accomplish in just a few months. You need to let your account and relationship with your followers mature.
One thing you need to remember about social media sites like Twitter and Facebook is that it only takes a few seconds for a user to block you. A user, can on a whim, block you if he thinks you’re just pitching products at him. You need to establish a connection first.
And it’s not just about the numbers. Some mistakenly believe that you can get a lot of good sales just by having a lot of followers. Same for those who try to saturate their feed with sales offers.
You won’t accomplish anything by giving the impression you’re a bot. Users prefer to listen to real people, like you do. Don’t doom your MLM online marketing efforts by being insensitive to your followers.
- Flesh out your profile info and theme. Use an eye-catching background picture that features your site’s theme.
- Establish a follower base. Follow every Active Twitter user you know and discretely ask for them to follow you back. It’s great if you start with close friends or acquaintances since they will likely converse with you.
- Make sure your twitter profile link is present on all your online contact info
- Make it easier for Twitter users to comment on your site. Enable log-ins via Twitter.
Growing your Follower base:
- Join discussions and use trending topic hash tags
- Follow profiles who are interested in the same topics as you. Check their biographies.
- Reply to comments by established profiles. Try to establish dialog. Post interesting, witty and relevant replies.
- Utilize sponsored posts
- Run a contest to get new followers. For example: rewards for being the 1,000th follower.
Establishing Your Reputation:
- Consistently engage your followers. Show you care about them. Be gracious and tactful all the time.
- Be generous with retweets.
- Run contest to give free samples of a new product.
- Use your twitter profile for commenting on posts in reputable websites.
- Never post a link that goes directly to a capture page, unless you give notice that it is one.
- Share relevant photos.
- Space your Tweets. Don’t Flood people’s feeds. If you need to reply immediately ask a user to follow you so you can direct message them.
Working on your Niche:
- Post links to resources related to your niche.
- Post a link to every new post you put on your blog, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest
- When posting an offer, try not to be too pushy about it. Your follower’s Feed is like their living room, they can kick out unwanted guests anytime.
Your Twitter profile should be interesting, relevant and useful to your followers. They won’t mind a marketing post now and then if they feel you’re being very tactful about it. Effective MLM online marketing on Twitter requires that you make your followers feel like they’re following a human being and not a hard nosed salesman.