Arbonne is a Swiss company founded in 1975 by Petter Morck. They specialize in personal skin care and wellness products that use mainly botanical ingredients.
They started US operations in 1980 and set up their headquarters in Irvine, California. After their success in the US, they expanded to other countries and are currently present in Australia, Canada and the UK.
Aside from guaranteeing that they use purely botanical ingredients, they also follow a strict policy regarding ingredients. They have made it company policy to disclose all the ingredients used in their products. This gives them an edge with buyers who wouldn’t usually trust products sold by direct sellers.
Their products are marketed via direct selling to consumers. However, they’ve included a tiered commission plan for their independent consultants. This marketing strategy is also known as Network Marketing or Multi-Level Marketing.
An Arbonne Independent consultant can earn a significant amount from overrides and commissions from the sales generated by their recruits. There are also several incentives and bonuses for consistent top performers.
Products are developed at the Arbonne Institute of Research and Development. These products are certified and adhere to vegan standards. They also maintain a strict Purity and Safety Ingredient Policy for all products they manufacture.
Their products are only available through their network. Consumers can purchase them from any of their independent consultants. Aside from skin care they have other product categories like:
- Bath & Body
- Hair Care
- Sun Protection
One of their main selling points is that their products are made of purely botanical ingredients. These products meet all the standards needed to qualify as a completely vegan product. They have a reputation of being all natural and safe to use.
All Arbonne products are rigorously tested to comply with major US and European food and drug regulatory agencies. The products are sold only when they’ve been tested and approved.
Since these products are used daily and used up at regular intervals, repeat sales are a definite possibility. As long as the product quality doesn’t change and customers get what they expect, they will probably buy the product continuously. This repeat business is the primary income generator for Arbonne and their consultants.
The Arbonne Business Opportunity
People who are interested in building up a business marketing Arbonne products have the advantage of selling products for an established company. Product and Sales support are also extended to their partners.
Their compensation program is called SuccessPlan. People who’ve signed up for it start as Independent Consultants. Rising up the ranks requires that a consultant and his team hit certain sales targets consistently.
There are three ways for an independent consultant to earn when they sign up for Arbonne’s compensation plan:
1. Profit from retail of the products. Consultants get their products at a discount. They can then resell at recommended prices.
2. Overrides, Bonuses and Commissions based on the consultant’s sales and the sales of their downlines.
3. Commissions paid on product sales to “preferred clients”. These are regular customers who have signed up for Arbonne’s loyalty program.
The compensation plan really takes off once you’ve built a team. Having several consistent downline consultants will generate more sales and qualify you for more benefits.
Here are the possible earnings and benefits a Consultant can get from the Arbonne Business Opportunity:
- 35% profit on your personal retail sales
- 15% Preferred Client Commission on all sales to your Preferred Clients
- Your income increases as you promote yourself through the Arbonne SuccessPlan
- No need to carry inventory — Arbonne ships directly to your Preferred Clients and Clients
- Convenient online shopping and credit card processing for you and your Client orders
- Unlimited territories — Independent Consultants may sponsor and sell in any country Arbonne operates
- Jewelry, trips, cash bonuses and more as recognition for your success
- Management programs, including life insurance
- Arbonne Vice President participation in the Mercedes-Benz Cash Bonus Program
(excerpt from the Arbonne Opportunity Brochure)
Arbonne is pretty straightforward when it comes to the potential earnings of their consultants. They stress that the projected earnings of each consultant depends heavily upon the individual’s skills and personal effort.
The more time a consultant puts in to marketing and selling the Arbonne business opportunity, the higher the expected return. Any consultant can spend as much time as they want – it can be a full time or a part time job.
Arbonne Business Opportunity Challenges
The potential major challenge for Arbonne entrepreneurs is probably the high saturation of companies in the Health and Wellness market. There is plenty of competition from established brands in this niche, both from regular skin care and direct selling companies.
There are already several other established direct selling companies in this niche. Anyone who wants to be a consultant will need to make sure that they’re emphasizing the uniqueness and the value of the product.
Direct selling is straightforward, but recruiting can be a major stumbling block. Building a downline will take a huge effort as
Here’s our summary on the Arbonne Business Opportunity:
- It’s an established company, operating for over 30 years and present in 4 countries: US, Australia, UK and Canada
- They sell proprietary products that use only botanical ingredients. These are developed at the Arbonne Institute of Research and Development. All products comply with the strict guidelines of major government food and drug agencies.
- All products are distributed exclusively through their network of independent consultants
- Interested individuals can take advantage of the Arbonne business opportunity as Independent Consultants and become part of their marketing network.
- Their compensation plan for Independent Consultants allows them to earn from the direct sales of products, and the sales of the people they’ve recruited in to the marketing network.
- Arbonne’s primary market is highly competitive and has several well established companies offering similar products. An independent consultant should be well versed in the products their selling and build on the uniqueness of their offerings.
- They are a member of the Direct Selling Association and comply with the DSA code of Ethics for direct sales companies.